Immersion ImmVibe ActiveX Interface installation on Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 2:
The latest update to Internet Explorer, delivered with Windows XP Service Pack 2, has implemented additional security features which
hinder the installation of Active X controls. These are additional steps that you may need to follow in order to install the Immersion Web Plug-in / Active X control.
There are two options to disable the warning message.
1) The first option is to adjust your security settings within Internet Explorer:
- Select Tools | Internet Options from the browser toolbar
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Select the checkbox labeled "Allow active content to run in files on My Computer"
2) The second option is to accept the Active X control once.
- Beneath the address bar you may see the following prompt:
"To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted the file from showing active content that could access your computer. Click here for options."
Select "Allow Blocked Content" from the options menu.
- A security warning will appear, select "Yes".
If you are having problems getting started, please contact VibeTonz Customer Support for help.
If you are interested in purchasing an Immersion VibeTonz® Studio license, please send all inquiries to VibeTonz Sales at Immersion Corporation.